Chapter 58

- Joey
I can't talk to her now. She probably think I hate her, she probably hate me. I know I shouldn't have took my anger out on her. I should of understood her and what makes her happy.

No shit. She probably moved to New York to get away from me. It's been four days since Madison left. We haven't texted or even talked. It sucks because the more I think about her the more I'm gaining feelings for her.

I don't know how to text her or talk to her. She's probably in New York right now planning her future already.

I'm back at my house now. I'm sorta forced to look at her house. When I walk to school I look there. When I'm going to chars house it's still there.

Charles been really upset lately since his girl passed. Madison's friend. I never seen him so upset like this. They were in deep love. The kind of love to where he would do anything for that girl. The kind of love I can't fall in.

Pretty much school is the same. Everyone still stops and stares. Everyone still uses the phrase.
" where's your girl Madison?" Or " where's that girl you fucked in the janitors closet" . The only thing I could do is ignore them.

That girl Karla is still acting the same. Still with that guy Jacob. Nothing new.

Just like last year. School is the same so far.

- Madison
( two days before. When she got home)

I couldn't wait to see Alexis. As soon as I walked in my house well soon to be old house, I put my bag down.

My mom and I walked to her house and knocked twice.

Her older cousin Martha opened the door. That's weird. Martha only visits once a year. She lives like five thousand miles away.

Her brown eyes are droopy and red like she's been crying.

" hello" she says lightly, as she give me and My Mom hugs.

We walk in and my stomach drops because her whole family is crowded in the living room including Charles. But not Alexis.

" what happened?!" I ask loud enough for everyone to hear me.

The chattering calms down and everyone stops and looks at me.

Her mom walks towards me and there's tears in her eyes.

Before her mom could even say anything I run upstairs, hoping and wishing she's laying in her bed.

But she's not. Her bed is perfectly made up and her room is neatly organized and clean.

Oh no.

My stomach is dropping.

I run back down stairs.

" where is she?! " I shout.

" Alexis??!!" I call out.

Everyone is staring at me.

" where is she?!" I ask her mom.

Her mom is standing still looking at me not giving me an answer.

" Charles!" I spot him sitting on the couch.

" where is she?!"

He looks at her mom and back at me.

" Madison , she passed. This afternoon " he says.

I gasp in disbelief. I sit on the couch.
And everything stops. The world does. I can't  hear anything.

My heart is beating so fast and hard it hurts.

" she wants us to be happy for her , honey" her mom says.

I don't reply for a moment.

"That's my best friend..." I say.

" I know... honey.. I know.  If you go upstairs in her room and get her white backpack there's stuff in there she told me to give to you, including a letter" she whispers in my ear while rubbing my back.