Chapter 44

- joey
~ Sunday afternoon

" dude, I'm done with this game" I say  over the phone to char.

" Yuh cuz you takin' this L " he laughs.

" Nah. Bro you know I'm the fortnite king" I laugh with him. ( fortnite or forkknife whatever y'all prefer lmao 😭)

" Yeah right. You know IM the fortnite king, that's why I'm always flexing with the win. Yuh dig!" Charles shouts.

" ight it's whatever. Ima let you take the win this time" I chuckle.

" Nice. Catch me later" he says.

" tru " I hang up the phone.

I walk downstairs. Madison's Mom and my mom is drinking coffee at the table.

" Hey, Mom and Miss Rose"  I wave.

They wave back.

" Where are you heading?" Mom asks.

" I'm just going to the store to get candy"

" don't get caught up and don't get home late because you have to go to bed early and pack, our flight leaves at 7" she reminds me for the 99th time this week.

" okay mom" I say.

I grab my skateboard from by the door.

I put my earphones in and play my Spotify playlist as I start riding my skateboard.

As I'm riding I turn around because I have a feeling someone called my name.

I take out my earphones and look straight ahead.

I see the last guy I wanna ever see.

Mikey.

" Hey, Bro. You didn't hear me calling your name" he walks up to me.

Everything goes black.

A flashback of my conversation with Madison the day she told me what he did replayed in my head. I did what she told me not to.

I punch him with all my strength.

" Dude! What the fuck!" He holds his cheek while lying down on the floor.

I stand on stop of him punching and kicking him.

Don't let him get his hits in. No hits, no hits.

" Joey! Stop" I look back and Madison is pushing me off of him.

" you're gonna kill him" she's yelling and everything is in slow motion.

I turn my head over and I see my mom and Vanessa running towards us. ( Vanessa is Madison's Mom ) .

Mikey is running the opposite way as fast as he can.

" you okay? " Madison takes deep breaths.

" Joey, are you okay?!" She's now grabbing my face looking into my eyes.

I feel my lip bleeding. Damn it. he got his hit in.

" Joseph!! What the hell" mom grabs my arm like I'm a little boy still and she drags me down the street into our house.

I sit on the stairs and Madison does the same.

" Is their something you guys need to tell us?" Vanessa says.

They're standing in front of us.

I look at Madison and my heart is still pumping out of my chest.

I nod at her.

It's time to tell them.

I mouth it out to her.

She nods and starts to cry.

I wanna hug her but ... I can't.

" Mom, ..... I got raped..and.. the guy that did that to me... was the one joey was ....fighting.." She bursts into tears.

Her mom gasps in disbelief and tears start to run down her face.

She hugs Madison.

" it's okay, Honey. I'm here" her mom pats her back.

My mom joins the hug and they all are having a group hug until Madison pulls away.

She wipes her tears and put her hair behind her ear.

" Joey, go wash up. Please " my mom says.

" I'm gonna go too" Madison says.

" five minutes , honey" her mom holds up five fingers.

She nods and we walk upstairs.

She closes the door and goes off.

" Joey, I told you not to hurt him. Remember the conversation we had in your moms car" she says .

I look away.

" Look at me"

" Yes. I remember" I run my hands threw my hair.

That's something I do when I'm upset.

" Geez, you scared me" she puts her hands in her face, while taking hard deep breaths.

" I wanna make sure he doesn't do it again. To anyone" I explain to her.

" I'm pretty sure he's not " she says.
" Did I win?" I ask.
" Heck yeah! You were punching him and kneeing him. He got some hits but like who cares?! You won... like you were gonna kill him, I had to stop you" she adds a light little laugh.

She's so cute. The way her facial expressions was when she was explaining what happened.

What should I add in this book?
^^ Vote , comment, and share.