criminal

june (short for juniper)

"juniper you got a table." my coworker mel walked up to me. i nod and finish cleaning up the counter before making my way over to table three.

i take out my pen and small notepad. "good morning, what can i get you two young gentlemen?" i asked politely. i look up from my notepad and at them both.

"just a coffee and piece of apple pie, please." the hazel eyed boy smiled at me and handed me his menu. i took his menu and wrote down his order.

"same thing, but instead of apple pie i want cherry pie." the other one says, snickering to himself.

"it's like... you're too immature to bring to a diner, tayler." the hazel eyed boy shook his head at him before looking back at me. "i apologize for his behavior, i'll make sure he tips extra."

i giggle and take taylers menu. "i'll be right back with your coffee." i walk away from both of them and make their coffees.

i walk back to them and set their coffees down on their table. tayler grabs his cup and takes a sip of it before flinching. "shit." he winced.

"you're suppose to blow it and wait for it to cool, oh my god you idiot." the boy face palms himself.

i shook my head and tried to hold in my laughter. i went back over to the kitchen area and grabbed them their slice of pie. "enjoy boys." i smile at them before walking away.

every morning i see the hazeled eyes boy come in for breakfast here. today was the first time i saw him come in with someone else. i never got his name or anything but he is super cute and his tattoos were amazing.

today he was wearing a buttoned up black shirt with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows so it exposed all his tattoos. both his arms were filled with tattoos. except only one of his hands had finger tattoos and golden rings.

his shirt also showed off how buff he was. he wasn't buff buff, but he wasn't built like a twig either. and he had a golden chain around his neck, several actually.

he was quite beautiful if you ask me.

joey

"i know you didn't do it joey, but what the hell are you gonna do?" tayler whispered lowly. "we can't keep running forever either."

i sigh, my eyes scan the whole room. i look over at juniper, i'm guessing that was her name since it said so on her name tag. she was at another table taking an elderly couples order. she smiled as she wrote down their order on her notepad.

her smile was beautiful and if i was being honest. i only came here just to see her and today was the first time she actually took my order. i was too pussy to ask for her number or anything, but i planned on doing it before leaving town in two days.

"joey" tayler says making me snap out of my thoughts.

"hmm?" i look back at him.

"stop checking out the waitress when you're dealing with your sisters murder here!" he said a bit too loudly. i stiffen up and look around. some people were looking at us, but i'm glad juniper didn't. i was hoping she didn't.

"will you shut the fuck up, tayler?" i whispered angrily at him. "i told you before, i don't know who killed b-bella." i swallowed the lump in my throat and tried to hold back in my tears.

"it's been a year, almost." i muttered under my breath. i spun the tea spoon around inside my cup of coffee before taking a sip.

-

"hope you two enjoyed your pies and coffee." juniper smiled as she picked up the dishes from the table.

"the pies and coffee were delicious." i get up from my seat and look at her with a warm smile. "we'll definitely be coming back tomorrow."

tayler nods. "that's right, also, i left you an extra five on the table. sorry for my rudeness earlier." he says before walking towards the door.

juniper giggled and nod. "i'll see you tomorrow then." she smiled and made her way into the kitchen. i smiled and follow behind tayler.

i walk out to the car and get in the passenger seat. after i do tayler immediately drives off making me hit my head on the seat. "bro what the fuck!" i touch the back of my head.

"sorry man, dev called and say we gotta go for him asap, he just finished robbing the bank with bryce and they need us to pick them up at the empty parking lot."

i nod. "then hurry the fuck up."

ever since i turned sixteen all i've been doing was committing crimes and getting in trouble. it's made my parents terrified of me because even when i was a kid all i did was cause trouble.

i'm almost eighteen now and i'm the most wanted criminal in the state of california. i've been charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, trafficking heroin, burglary as you can see, 3rd degree grand theft and i'm the number one suspect for my sisters murder.

i didn't kill her, i would never hurt her. she meant so much to me and her death has impacted me a lot. but my parents were so quick to point their fingers at me. i didn't understand why at first but then i did. they were always scared of me, i was dangerous and unsafe. they didn't want me around so they'd rather see me locked up instead of roaming around being free.

they didn't believe me though, they never did. but i had another sister, sophia. i didn't get to see her around much since she's still seventeen and lives with our parents. they forbid her from seeing me, but sometimes she'd sneak around and come over. we'd have movie nights and just hang around, even if it was just to smoke a cigarette and sit in silence. but i didn't mind it much, her company was nice.

i just wish things didn't have to end up this way. i wish i didn't have to end up this way, but it's what i get for hanging around the kids my parents warned me to stay away from.