sophia

joey

joey

i was in the hotel room all by myself. enjoy the peace and quiet i was left with while tayler and dev went out to eat. i wasn't really that hungry these days. i've only been drinking a ton of coffee and eating a piece of pie to keep me going.

i hated going to sleep. i kept dreaming about the night of my sisters murder. to this day i still couldn't figure out who killed her or why. the only thing i know is that the killer was male and had snuck into my house while i was on the phone with tayler.

my parents tried getting the cops to drop the case, but everytime they did they'd get a lead that eventually lead to a dead end. i still had a little hope. i hoped that my parents would eventually believe that i didn't kill bella. i wanted them to see that for once this was the only time i didn't do something illegal.

i took a drag of joint and stared at the ceiling. the only two things that have been on my mind were my family and vegas. i didn't know what i was gonna do in vegas. it was bryce who convinced us to move there and start a new life, but what good would that do? maybe vegas had my face plastered around on every tree and had every small town cop looking for me.

i know every dirty little cop has been trying to get their hands on me. if they did they'd be considered a hero for catching the biggest and baddest criminal out there. not gonna lie i was a bit flattered, but the last thing i wanted to do was go to prison. i heard it was a shit show and i wasn't planning on dropping any soap bars anytime soon.

bryce said so himself. he's been there only once and i guess him hiding me in vegas was one way of protectioning me from all that. maybe bryce was secretly in love with me or something, that's why he didn't wanna see me locked up. the thought of that killed me. i let out a small laugh before taking another hit of my joint.

"what the fuck are you laughing at?" i heard a voice say. i shot up from my bed and saw tayler, dev and june which surprised me standing there.

"had a weird thought that maybe bryce was in love with me or something." i giggled. i was faded out of my mind right now. this joint was probably my second or third one, i don't know i lost count honestly.

i looked over at june. "what's she doing here?" i saw a tint of red appear on her cheeks. she rubbed her shoulder nervously and looked away with a small smile on her face. god her smile killed me.

"true love, maybe." tayler shrugged and sat down on my bed. i chuckled a bit and stood up. i walk over to the chair and grab my shirt. i slip it on and sit at the edge of the bed.

"we have to go joey." i looked over at dev. he was standing in the corner of this small hotel room, his leg crossed over the other and his arms crossed.

"you said tomorrow!" i stood up. he shook his head.

"police are asking about you now idiot, they questioned june earlier." i look over at her. she didn't say anything except nod.

i shook my head and look back at dev. "what about sophia?"

"you can't force her to go jo." a wave of guilt washed over taylers face. "i'm sorry."

"but she did agree on meeting you." dev stood up straight. my face brightened up. "really?" he smiled and nodded.

"but if you wanna do it then do it now, otherwise it'll be too late." i let out a small laugh and nodded. i grabbed my shoes from the floor and put them on.

"guys, occupy june, ill be right back." i tell her. she nods and waved her fingers at me.

i walked out of the hotel room and looked left to right. i put on my hood and walk over to the car. i get in and drive to my parents house. i arrived about fifteen minutes later, but instead of getting out i waited inside and texted soph to meet me out here. i didn't wanna go up and knock because i didn't wanna risk being seen.

i looked over at the front door and saw soph walking out. a small smile appears on my face. she walked up to the car and knocked on the window. i unlocked the door, she gets in and pulls me into a hug almost immediately. "i missed you so much joey."

"i missed you too soph." i hug her back.

she pulled away seconds later and looked at me with a sorry expression. "i'm sorry i cant join you in vegas, i feel like it'll draw suspicion and then mom would probably have the cops track me down then if they find you-"

"it's okay soph, i understand." i smiled at her. she smiled back. "i just wanted to hang out with you for a little until i leave tomorrow."

her smile fades away slowly. "you're leaving tomorrow?" i nod and sigh, running my fingers through my hair briefly. "i thought we had until next month."

i shook my head. "cops have been asking around for me now, you think they'd drop it by now but i guess not."

"i know you didn't kill bella joey, it's kinda fucked up mom and dad blamed you for her death." she frowned.

"it's not just that soph." i grabbed the joint that was hanging in my ear and lit it up, taking a hit from it before handing it to soph. she took it and took a hit.

"i'm trouble soph." i looked at her. "i've done more than just that."

"but still, you're innocent!" she took another hit before handing the joint back to me.

"i'm sorry soph." i looked at her with sorry eyes. i didn't wanna leave my sister behind, especially since she's the only one who believes me. she's one of the few people i got.

"let's just enjoy this moment then." she reached into her pocket and took out two small baggies. i looked at them closely and recognized the lsd.

"did you get that from my room?" she nodded.

"yeah i figured you wouldn't mind."

i facepalmed myself. i looked at her again. "well nothing we can do now right?" she grinned and shook her head.

i grabbed one of the baggies from her and took out the stamp. we both looked at each other and placed it on our tongues at the same time. immediately i felt it kick in.

the next six hours were going to be great i can feel it.