i love you

joey

i've been in vegas with the boys and june for about a month now. hunter let us stay at his place for a while he was at cali spending time with his family. i'm not gonna lie the past month has been pretty great, especially with june.

except i was itching to tell her that i love her, i just haven't found the right time. i thought about doing it tonight. we were gonna go out to the bellagio fountain and watch the show. it was quite beautiful if you ask me and it gets super crowded so we were trying to get their a few minutes before the show starts.

i walk into the room june and i were staying at. she was standing by the mirror struggling to put on her necklace. she looked at me and pouted. "would you mind helping me, please?"

i chuckle. "of course baby." i walk up to her. i take the necklace from her as she holds her hair up. i wrap it around her neck gently and clip it. she puts her hair down afterwards. i wrap my arms around her waist, placing a small peck on her neck. she looked at me through the mirror and giggled. "excited?" she nodded.

"it's a shame we have to leave in two days." she frowns. i sigh. "i know." she turns around to face me. i keep my arms wrapped around her waist, her arms snaked around my neck. "being a fugitive sucks doesn't it?"

"maybe we should just turn ourselves in and live together behind cells." she said sarcastically making me chuckle.

"good idea, maybe even start a family behind bars too while we're at it." i pulled away but before i did i felt her stiffen up. she chuckled softly, shrugging. "i don't think i'd wanna raise a child behind bars."

"i know, i'm just joking with you. i don't want any kids anyways." i lean in and place a kiss on her cheek. "i'll be waiting downstairs." i smile at her before heading down.

june

my heart broke a little when those words came out of
joeys mouth. did he really mean the part where he said he didn't want kids? i look down at the drawer, chewing on my bottom lip nervously. i shook it off, i didn't wanna deal with it right now so instead i finished getting ready then head downstairs.

i walk out of the house with the boys and get in the car. it was currently 9 at night and the lights of vegas boulevard was beautiful, most people walked around in the nighttime. my guess was because of the lights and shows.

i've never been to vegas or anywhere outside of LA, especially with a drunk now dead father and a mother who left when i was only eight. my father always blamed my mothers absense on me. he loved her a lot so her disappearance turned him into an asshole drunk.

i must've spaced out because i felt someone tap my shoulder. it was dev. "we're here." i nod and get out of the car. after doing so i look around in my surroundings and notice we were in the parking lots. joey walked up to me and took my hand into his making me smile.

joey

we walked around. tayler and dev separated from us a little while ago. which left me and june all alone, i didn't mind at all though. i love being in her company. "wanna get some ice cream?" she furrowed her brows. "isn't it too cold for ice cream right now?" i shook my head, leading her inside the bellagio hotel.

by the entrance there was an ice cream store and a starbucks. we ended up ditching the ice cream idea when she saw starbucks. she loves starbucks way too much, but i'd buy her starbucks fifty million times a day if it meant to see a smile appear on her face.

we head back outside when we got our drinks. the show had started started already as we walked out, thankfully we didn't miss much. "joey, the way the fountains move, it's so beautiful!" june squealed.

"not as beautiful as you." i smirked at her before throwing my empty cup in the trash bin. she giggled, rolling her eyes playfully. "stop being so damn charming birlem." after she finished her drink, i threw her cup away for her.

"impossible." we stood by the entrance of the tower. i shrugged, rubbing my thumb against her cheek softly. "nothing's impossible." i mumbled.

we stood there in silence, comfortable silence. all that could be heard were the fountains going off and families talking about the show. i leaned in slowly, kissing june passionately. she kissed back almost immediately.

i tilted my head, deepening the kiss as i slipped my tongue inside her mouth. i didn't care if we were in public, i wanted to give june my affection.

"i love you."

i suddenly stopped. i pull away and open my eyes, looking at june with a shocked expression. "come again?" i clear my throat.

her cheeks heated up as she rubbed her arm nervously, nodding before cupping both my cheeks. "i love you joseph matthew birlem."

i smiled widely, picking her up and spinning her around a bit. she started laughing which made me laugh. "i love you juniper marie francis." i cup her cheeks and place endless kisses on her lips.

i was hoping i'd be the one to say i love you first, but it made me even happier when she said it first because that way i knew she really did feel the same way. i couldn't contain my happiness inside. i just wanted to scream and shout that i love june a lot, which i did. i got a couple of 'shut up's' and claps. june hid her face in her jacket of embarrassment, but at the end she ended screaming out loud that she loves me more.

this night couldn't have gone any better.