final 24 hours

sorry for not updating in like forever!

one year later

joey

"on your feet, birlem." i sit up from my bed and look over at the two guards standing by my cell door. i nod and stand up. i let them handcuff my hands and my legs, guess it was part of the process.

i'm not gonna lie i felt terrified at this exact moment, i had twenty four hours left on this goddamn shitty earth. the second i found out the day of my execution i told june. i haven't seen her since last week and i get to see her again one last time.

we get inside the van and sit there for almost an hour as the driver drove us to the death house. the drive to the death house was ñong

"here." one of the guards handed me a paper and pencil. "each prisoner is allowed to have one last meal before execution, you can choose whatever you want, just write it down and hand it back to me." i nod. i tapped my pencil agaisnt the sheet of paper as i thought about what i wanted my last meal to be.

then it hit me, i wanted to have a burger from the restaurant where june worked at. the first time i stepped foot into the restaurant, i ordered a double double and a coke that i had spiked with vodka but i figured i wasn't allowed to have vodka so i just went with the coke. i wrote down the restaurant name and wrote down the double double burger and coke. after i finished, i hand the guard back the paper.

after about what seemed forever we finally arrived at the death house. i looked out of the window and saw it was huge. the guard walks over to my side and opens the van door, i get up from my seat and out of the van.

i take a look around, taking one last deep breath of fresh air since it's the last time i'd ever be able to. i walk inside the building. it was quiet, too quiet, i've never felt this scared in my entire life.

june

i finished applying the blush on my face. i took a look in the mirror, i tried my best to hold my tears in. this was the day i dreaded the most, i didn't want to lose the love of my life.

i played with the necklace around my neck that had a heart lock on it. joey told dev to give me it as a way to remember him by. i don't know why he acts like i'd ever forget about him when he's literally all i think about.

but i did love the heart locket necklace, it had a picture of joey and i in it which i assumes dev had it cut out and placed inside the locker which was thoughtful of him.

"hey, he's all dressed up." i looked over at the door and saw dev holding my son in his arms. i grin and thank him.

"hi there baby boy." i take him out of dev's hands and kiss his cheek multiple times. "you look so handsome, just like your daddy." they both basically had the same facial features, including joeys adorable nose and lips.

"you ready?" dev asked. i look over at him, my smile disappearing. "no but what's done is done." i let out a sigh.

after everyone was ready we got inside the car and drove to the place where joey would be executed. i was scared for him, probably more scared than he was for himself.

i was just so mad that they'd falsely accuse joey of murdering his sister, theres plenty of evidence proving joey is innocent, the system is just so fucked up. once we got there, they searched us thoroughly and sent us to the place itd take place in. l