robbery

joey

joey

"all the money, in here now!" dev shouts at the lady. the lady filled with fear hurriedly got up and filled the bags with money. i kept my gun pointed at her making sure she was doing what she was told. when she filled the whole duffel bag up she shakily handed it back to dev.

i heard sirens come from the distance. i look out the window then at everyone. "let's go!" bryce shouted as he ran out the doors. i slip my gun back in my pocket and ran out of the bank with them.

we rushed out to the car and got in, bryce immediately drove off. "bryce, can you go any fucking faster they're catching up to us!" tayler shouted at him.

"i'm going as fast as i can!" bryce shouts back making me roll my eyes. he drove slower than my damn grandma.

bryce managed to blend in with another car in the freeway. it looked exactly like ours so he managed to trick the cops into thinking that was us so they ended up following that car. once we got to the parking lot we rushed out of the car with the duffel bags full of money.

dev, tayler and i got in a red car. last minute bryce said he had to go take care of something so we're actually gonna leave tomorrow which was a relief. i wanted to go down the diner and tell june to come with us or... with me, but i figured that might've been too much to ask for.

"what are we gonna do with all the money anyway?" i asked dev. he shrugged and took off his shirt before putting on a new one. "buy yourself a house? i don't know, bryce said we'll figure it all out in vegas."

"i'm gonna buy myself a new house and new identity." tayler plops down in the middle of dev and i. "i think i'm gonna do the same." i tell them both before standing up.

"it could be a fresh start for me." dev smiles a bit and nods. "you deserve a fresh start, joey. i know your sisters murder has been tough on you and the fact that they pinned it all on you is horrible." dev stood up and patted my shoulder.

"that's what i get for being a criminal son." i shrug and walk into the bathroom.

june

"june, sweetie would you grab me another beer please." my father said without taking his eyes off the tv. i rolled my eyes and got up from the couch. i walk into the kitchen and grab a beer for my father.

i stuck it out for him to take. he snatches it and immediately starts chugging it all down without saying thank you. i decided to get my things and study at the diner. my father was a horrible drunk and i didn't wanna be around when he is.