we chopped up his body

joey

joey

i was waiting outside in the car with tayler and dev. june was inside her house packing up so we can leave for vegas tonight. i looked straight ahead at the road. i saw a little boy riding around in his bicycle with two other boys.

i played around with the cigarette that was dangled in between my lips. i felt someone pat my shoulder, i look over and see tayler holding up a lighter for me. he placed it in front of my cigarette and lit the end of it. i thank him before blowing out the smoke.

about five minutes later i heard knocking come from my window. i look and see june standing there, she looked panicked. i rolled my window down and look at her confused. "are you done packing?" she shook her head and stuck her hand up. i widened my eyes when i saw it was covered in blood.

"i have a small situation."

the four of us rushed inside the house. i stopped when i saw who i'm guessing was her father unconscious on the floor. "what the hell happened?" dev asked her.

june shrugged and shook her head. "i got into a heating argument with him then i accidentally pushed him and he hit his head on the table and well next thing i know his head started bleeding which is why my hand is all bloody and-"

i walked up to her and pulled her into a hug. "it's gonna be okay." i rub her back softly. "we'll clean this up and leave as soon  as possible." she pulled away and nodding slowly. she thanked me before placing a small kiss on my lips.

we were sure if her father was still alive or not. he was barely breathing and he wouldn't wake up so we did what anyone else would do and killed him for good. we didn't wanna just throw his body in a dumpster because we'd get caught easily so instead we decided to chop him up. it sounded disgusting, but it was taylers idea and it seemed like a good one.

june waited inside the car while the three of us dealt with the body. we found some power tools in her garage so we went straight to work asap before anyone saw what we were up to. we cut through the limbs of his body and chopper each body part off. we then put them in black bags and hid them under the floor boards. i don't think anyone would notice since no one will be stepping foot inside this house, including june.

after we finished, we hid the body parts then burned our clothes since we didn't wanna head to vegas and bloody, especially since we're already on the run. we stood by the fire place and watched our clothes burn. dev took out his pack of cigarettes from the pocket of his pants before throwing it inside the fire. i took a cigarette from his box and walked over the the fire place. i lit my cigarette up with the fire, carefully before standing up again. i stood in between then and handed tayler the cigarette. he took a hit from it before handing it back to me.

we all walked over to the car. june was sitting in the passenger seat biting her nails. she looked at us strangely as we walked inside the car naked. "why are you guys naked?"

no one said anything until a few seconds later where tayler spoke up. "we chopped up his body." june gasped and looked at me. i nodded slowly. "he dead."  dev added.

june

the boys got dressed into new, fresh clothes. joey drove us the gas station to grab food while we're on the road. he didn't want us to starve since he didn't wanna make any other stops along the way, especially pee break. though, he'd make an exception for me which i thought was cute.

i didn't wanna lie, i was a bit terrified of him right now. after all he did just cut my father into pieces for me. get yourself a guy who'd kill your father for you, right? when we got to the gas station, joey said he would stay just in cause anyone recognized him. he didn't wanna risk getting caught.

i walked inside with dev and tayler. we all went our separate ways and got what we wanted. i got myself a juice and some chips along with snickers, i love snickers. joey asked me to get him a pack of cigarettes and some hot cheetos which i did. i walked up the cash registered and paid. i noticed joeys mug shot was taped to the computer. i looked at it closely. he looked young in his picture, he had a black eye and bruised lip. he looked a bit hot actually.

i grabbed my things and walked back into the car. i handed joey his cigarettes and hot cheetos. he kissed my cheek and thanked me. once everyone got in the car joey drove to last vegas.

i spent the first two hours napping. dev and joey took turns driving. right now it was dev who drove while joey sat in the back and took a nap. the car ride was silent, it was a good silent though. i stared out at the window. i had a lot on my mind. i kept asking myself why i decided to get myself involved with a criminal. would my life go to shit as well? will i have to do more illegal things and kill someone else? i really hope not, i don't think i could be able to handle it. why did joey want me to come with him anyways? did he really have feelings for me or is it all just some game?

"you keep having racing thoughts don't you?" dev interrupted my thoughts. i look over at him and chuckle a bit, shrugging. "is it all too much to take in at once? are you okay with the fact that your boyfriend is a criminal slash murderer?"

i gulped and looked down at my hands. i didn't wanna answer his question because the truth is, i was scared. maybe even terrified. i'm just a small town girl, i stayed away from guys like joey in high school.

"stop torturing the poor girl." tayler says. dev rolled his eyes and kept driving. i heard light snored come from the back seat. i look over my seat and see joey sleeping peacefully. his head was resting again the window, his mouth was slightly opened. his chest slowly rose up and down. i smiled to myself. he was cute when he's asleep.

i shook my head and sat straight in my seat. i looked over at dev. "no, i'm not scared." i lied to him, i mean i was a bit scared but i know it's gonna be okay. he glanced over at me, he nodded before looking back at the road and drove.

——

sorry for not updating, i was on writers block and school has been kicking my ass but i'm back and ill try updating more this weekend!!