guns & cigarettes

sophia

after all the boys and june left, i came back to the hotel i was staying at with my parents. they asked why it took so long to see my friend, but i told them i lost track of time. of course they believed me, well at least my mother did.

i was sitting down on the bed with my mother and brother in the middle of us when my father bursts through the door. "did you know your brother was here in vegas?" i froze.

i looked at him and shook my head. "what? no. i told you i went to go see my friend."

"that's not what i asked you sophia." my father said sternly. i looked over at my mom and hoped she would say something. instead, she didn't make eye contact and stayed silent.

"no-"

"don't lie to me soph!" my father spat.

"rob! watch your tone, if she didn't know then she didn't know, don't pressure her." my mother said. i looked over at her then at kash. he just sat there and ate his pizza.

my father cursed under his breath and walked out of the room again. i looked over at my mother who was already looking at me. "it was good to see him you know." she said quietly. "it was good to see my son."

"you called the cops on him mom.." my voice cracked as i said those words. i wanted to cry and i could tell so did she because a tear escaped from her eye.

she didn't say anything else. instead she just got up from the bed and walked into the restroom. i wiped the tear that had ran down my cheek, i look down at kash with a smile. "where's jwoey?" he asked with his innocent voice.

"hopefully safe, bubba." i kiss his head, ruffling his hair afterwards. "come on, eat your pizza. then we could go down and play in the pool." he cheered and ate his pizza.

i really hope joey was okay.

june

it was currently 9 a.m. we've been on the road for some time now, but we managed to get out of nevada. tayler and dev took turns driving while i sat down in the back to keep joey company.

he was still upset over the fact that his own mother would call the cops on him and honestly it confused me on why she did. i felt bad for him because even his own parents don't see he's innocent.

dev found us a hotel we could stay for the night. it wasn't fancy or anything, we just needed to catch some z's so we could visit his friend tomorrow, he's gonna convince him to help us sneak joey across the border. i'm hoping his friend says yes.

once we got to the hotel i got out of the car with joey. he was silent the whole ride here. i walked by his side, i glance up at him. his eyes were glossy, a tear escapes his eye. i stop him and wipe his tear away.

he catches my eye and gulps. i frown, without saying anything i wrap my arms around him and pull him into a hug. i could hear him sob quietly into my shoulder, which i didn't mind. i felt bad for him, we all did.

"it's gonna be okay." i tell him, breaking the silence. he doesn't say anything except sob into my shoulder. after about a moment later he pulls away and stares into my eyes with his puffy, red eyes. "come on, you need some sleep baby."

i intertwine our fingers and head inside the hotel room with him. i spot tayler on one of the beds while dev was making himself a bed on the floor. i don't know why, but dev prefers sleeping on the ground instead of a bed. i found it odd.

joey and i shared a bed. i sit down on the right side of the bed. joey slips his shirt off and gets under the covers. i get under the covers and face him. he was already looking at me, i let out a small smile.

"thank you." he whispered quietly. "for everything you've done. no one has ever had me the way you do." he brought his hand over to my cheek and caresses it softly with his thumb. "i love you."

"i love you joey." i whispered. i lean over to him and place a small kiss on his lips. he kisses me back shortly after. i pull away, a huge smile plastered on my face.

"goodnight, my love."

"goodnight beautiful."

joey

i look over at june who was fast asleep. man, i really do love this girl with my whole heart. i've never felt this way about anyone, ever. i couldn't fall asleep. it was barely twelve at night. dev and june were aslee while tayler and i we're outside smoking a cigarette.

i bring the cigarette up to my lips and take a hit from it before handing it back to tayler. "ain't she something special?" i heard tayler say.

a smile forms on my lips. i nod slowly. "yeah, she's really great, i've never felt more lucky in my life."

"have you ever thought about it?" he suddenly says. i look at him confused. he takes a hit from the cigarette before opening his mouth to say something. "about turning yourself in to the feds."

i look away from him. i stare down at my shoes and sigh as i ran my fingers through my hair. "yes." i look over at him. "the moment i told her i was all in." he hands me the cigarette back, i take another hit from it.

"would you?"

i shrug. "probably, i feel like maybe if i turned myself in, i'd get time off."

he lets out a small chuckle. "you've done worse than be a number one suspect for your sisters murder, you know?"

i sigh. "i know, but i feel like maybe i'd get like five to ten years in prison and then i'd be a free man, come home to my girl and kid." i smiled at the thought of being a dad.

i always felt like i would be a shit parent, but now that june is actually pregnant it gets me excited. i couldn't wait to be a dad, i couldn't wait to see my child grow up.

"wanna head to 7/11 to get some drinks and more cigs? we smoked my last one." tayler sighs and stood up. i nod "why not."

tayler and i walked to 7/11, it was actually just across from the hotel we're staying at which is a good thing. we weren't that far away from june and dev. we walked through the doors, it was pretty empty except for the cashier who was trying his best to not fall asleep.

tayler and i walked down the aisles to grab a couple of snacks. once we reached the register i asked the cashier to get me a pack of cigarettes and a lighter since my old one doesn't work anymore. he started punching numbers on the cash register. my eyes scanned around the store until i widened my eyes, my mugshot was plastered by the window.

the cashier made his way over to the window where he kept the lighters. i was starting to get nervous as i watched him take a lighter out.

i froze when the cashier came across my mugshot. i gulp and scratch the back of my neck. he turns around slowly and gives me a weird look. "hold up.."

he glances in between me and my picture until he finally realized it was me. i was about to take my gun out until he took his out first. "stay right there!" he shouts.

i reach over the counter and grab him by the collar of his shirt. "tayler! we have to go ri-" i felt something hit my head.

i let go of the cashier and back away slowly, touching my head with my hand. i take a look at my hand and see blood on it.

i look back at the cashier, he pistol whips me again until i fall onto the floor. i started to flutter my eyes close. i hear footsteps approach me, it was tayler.

they both started yelling at each other. i didn't know what was happening, but i heard gunshots before blacking out, all i know is that this is not good.

-
sorry for any mistakes, i wrote this half asleep.