happy birthday! im pregnant

sorry for not updating in forever! my summers been super busy but i'll try to be more active!

joey

*flashback*

"pfft.. joey... hey joey.." i opened my eyes. i sat up from my bed and rubbed my eyes as i yawned. i saw bella standing by the edge of my bed with a huge grin plastered on her face. i furrowed my brows.

"do i have something on my face?" she shook her head, giggling.

"it's your birthday silly!" i opened my mouth to say something but i was interrupted by my parents and soph walking into my room, my mother holding a cake in her hands.

"happy birthday joey!" they all said. a smile formed on my lips. i got up from my bed and hugged them all. "thank you guys so much."

"make a wish son." my father says. i look at them all and nod. i walk over to my mother and blow out the candles, after doing so they all clap for me.

"do you wanna do anything today joseph?" my mother questioned. everyone's eyes were on me. a fave of guilt washed over me, i made plans for today last night with the guys. we wanted to go hang out at a bar since dev new a guy who could sneak us in.

"i actually made plans with the guys." i blurted out. my moms smile faded away slowly.

"oh." she said blankly, looking over at my father. she cleared her throat and smiled again, nodding. "okay then. just meet us downstairs for breakfast." my parents walk out of the room, followed by soph but bella sticks around for a bit.

she crosses her arms and looks at me with her brow raised. "what?" i question, breaking the silence.

"mom and dad planned on taking you out for dinner. why couldn't you just postpone your plans with the guys another day?" i shook my head and got up from my bed.

"dev's friend has his shift tonight and his next one isn't for another week, by then we wouldn't be able to." she rolled her eyes and got up. she didn't say anything else, i guess she was mad because she walked out of my room, slamming the door loudly behind her.

*flashback over*

i regret not going with my family out to dinner. it would've been one of my last moments with them together as a family. a couple of days after my birthday my parents got super busy and then we'll bella was murdered. maybe if i hadn't gone to that club my sister would've been alive.

i was turning eighteen today. it was my first birthday without my family. it made me feel like utter shit. just like an idiot, i waited for at least one text from them wishing me a happy birthday, but it never came. it was 5 p.m. in the afternoon and the only one who texted me was soph. i asked if our parents remembered my birthday, but they told her they didn't care, it made my heart sink but i didn't blame them.

i shook it off. i held up june's hair as she threw up in the toilet. i scrunched my nose up. "i told you that chinese food was no good birlem." she coughed before trying to sit up slowly. i flushed the toilet and helped her up. i sigh and wrap my arms around her, rubbing her back softly. "i'm sorry baby, i should've listened to you when you said you didn't like chinese food."