im all in

june

it's been two days since i told joey the news and two days he's been gone. i didn't know where he was right now, no one did. after i told him i was pregnant he just walked away without saying anything, well he did say something before he stormed away and well his words broke me.

*flashback*

"i'm pregnant."

joey started choking and coughing uncontrollably. i went over to help him but he just backed away from me, pounding his chest. "i'm sorry, you're what?"

his brows were furrowed and his face had confusing written all over it.

"i'm pregnant joey, you're the dad?" i said it in an almost questioning way. he looked between me and the car, his eyes finally landed on me.

i looked over at the car, tayler was sitting on the hood while dev was leaning against it. tayler was on his phone while dev's eyes were on us but he looked away when he saw i was looking at him.

i looked back at joey, he started shaking his head, backing away slowly which made me confused. "no, no, no.." he went on and on.

he chuckles and shook his head over and over again. "i can't do this." he muttered under his breath, "i can't be a dad, i'm sorry." he shook his head once more, his arms over his head as he turns around and walks away from me.

"what the hell, joey!" i called after him. i was about to run after him, but i was wearing heels and i couldn't really run in them so instead i just kept calling out his name, tears were pouring out of my eyes. "joey!" i shouted once more before falling onto the ground on my knees.

i heard someone rush up to me and pull me onto their lap. it was dev, i recognized his cologne. i started sobbing uncontrollably, i should've seen him not wanting this, he even told me before i should've just listened but i didn't.

stupid me.

*flasback over*

i hugged my pillow close to me as i stared out of my window. i stayed in this exact same position for the past two days. i had a good view at who was coming in and out of the house.

i waited for joey to come, but he hasn't. i was getting worried sick and scared maybe somebody must've recognized him and turned him in. i'm hoping i was wrong, especially since they would've said something on the news already.

i did a lot of thinking for the past two days. i decided that even if joey didn't want this, i did. i was gonna be a mother to this fetus inside me and thankfully tayler told me he was gonna help me through every step of the way, including dev which made me really happy.

"breakfast?" i look over the door and see dev standing there. i smile as he walks up to me. i put the pillow down and take the plate out of his hand, thanking him. i take a bite out of my pancakes which were really good. i thank him. "he'll be back, dont worry." he rubs my shoulder before walking out of my room, closing the door behind him.

i hope dev was right

joey

"it's like... she didn't ask what i want!" i shook my head and hug my knees. "it's not selfish of me for not wanting to be a dad, especially right now, i mean.. look at our situation man!" i groan in frustration, looking over at bryce's tombstone.

i guess it might've been weird of me to be talking to my dead friend, but i didn't have anyone else to talk to. dominic is locked up, tayler and dev are with june and i don't wanna be near them right now, especially after june told me the news.

it took me by surprise, i really thought i wrapped my johnson up that night of the ferris wheel or every other night. the truth is i couldn't be a dad right now. i just never really saw myself having that type of future with anyone, maybe even with june.

"im a criminal for fucks sake!" i shout loudly. thank god there was no one else around or else someone would've spotted me and taken me to the can. i spent the past two night sleeping on a park bench. i felt like a homeless man to be honest.

i felt guilty for doing june like that. i shouldn't have overreacted with the news. there's a small part of me that wanes to go for it and be a dad but how can i do that when i live in fear that one day i might get caught?

"i wish you were here man." i look over at bryce's tombstone. i stared at his picture, it was a professional one. i remembered that day perfectly. we were having a photo shoot with ourselves and the whole time dev was making bryce laugh a lot which is why he has this huge grin on his face.

i smiled, taking a huge sip of my vodka. bryce was one of the people i was really close to, hes the one who asked to be friend and we hit it off really fast. he understood me well. i wish he was here. i wish he wasn't dead, but we don't always get what we want.

i read the quote he has by his name closely "life is about taking risks, i truly don't think you really lived if you didn't do something scary yet exciting."

at that moment it hit me. bryce was right, even from the beyond. "holy shit." i muttered under my breath as i looked down at his tomb. "you're a fucking genius man."

"cheers." i raised the bottle and took one last huge sip from it before throwing it in the trash can.

i knew what i had to do. i told june about taking risks the other day. i told her i didn't know what that big risk was yet, but i think i finally know what it should be.

i need to show her that i'm all in. i don't care what situation i'm in right now, i'm gonna step up and be a dad for however long i can which hopefully is a very long time.

my dad really wasn't around a lot. he always had business trips and he always focused on his work. we all knew business trips was code for cheating on my mother, but like always my mother always forgave him.

my father never really had faith in me. that's what really ruined me my whole childhood. i did everything i could to impress him, i even joined the football team in high school and made quarterback. he was impressed with me for a while until i let my trouble ways get to me.

i didn't finish high school because i had to run away from the cops my senior year and well you know the story to that.

before i knew it, i was outside of the house, panting heavily as i tried to catch my breath. i open the door and walk in. i see dev tayler sitting in the couch. tayler practically jumped when he saw me.

"where is she?"

"upstairs."

i didn't say anything else, instead i run up the stairs, almost tripping a couple of times. i walk over to her room and pound on the door.

june

i open my door, widening my eyes when i see joey standing there trying to catch his breath. i was just looking out of the window, how did i not notice him?

i shook it off, it didn't matter. what matters is that he's here now. he walks up to me, cupping both my cheeks as he smashes his lips against mine.

i was confused for a second but i kissed him back. he pulled away shortly after. "i'm in june. i'm all in. i wanna be a father to our baby."

his words made me happy. i kiss him once more, nodding. "you're gonna be a great dad."

he smiled. "you're gonna be a great mother." i smile and kiss him again for a bit more.

i couldn't be any more happy right now. i knew joey would come around. i believed in him no matter what.