joey's sentencing

extremely long chapter!

june

it's been three months and i couldn't believe it. i couldn't believe joey really turned himself in, he didn't even tell me, i mean he did but i was asleep so i couldn't yell at him.

his sentencing was in three days, dev and i visited as much as we could before his sentencing. we still didn't know how much time he's gonna get, he wasn't too focused on it either. he always asked how we were doing and how the baby was. i finally found out what the gender of my baby is gonna be and i'm so excited. we were gonna go see him today that way joey and i could find out the gender together.

"you ready?" dev asks. i nod and grab the envelope that contained the gender of my kid and slipped it inside my pocket.

joey

"birlem you got a visitor!" i sat up from my bunk and walk over to my cell door. i look at the officer as i stuck my hands out. he handcuffs them together and opens the cell door.

i follow him over to the visitation room. a smile forms on my lips when i see dev and june sitting there. the officer uncuffs my arms before i make my way over to the table.

june looks over at me, she immediately stands up and pulls me into a hug. "i missed you so much." she whispered. "i missed you too june."

i pull away a second later and bro hug dev. "how you holding up in here man?" he asked as we pulled away. i shrug and sit down. "i've been better, the food here is disgusting, dudes trying to steal your shit. it's horrible."

"should've thought of that before becoming a criminal right?" dev chuckled making me chuckle a bit. "yeah i wish things ended up differently." i look down at the table.

june

"i have something for you." i smiled as i took the envelope out of my pocket. joey looks up and stares at the envelope. "is that-"

i nod. "it has the gender of the baby and i want you to read it."

"do you know what it is?" he asked. i shook my head. "i wanted to wait to find out that way we can find out together." i hand him the envelope.

he takes it and studies it closely. "holy shit." i heard him mutter under his breath. a huge grin appears on his face, he looks at both dev and i. "ready?" we both nod.

joey opens up the envelope slowly, taking out a small folded piece of paper. before he could open it, he reaches over and takes my hand into his. he takes a deep breath before unfolding the paper.

his eyes were beginning to turn glossy, a tear even escaped down his cheek. he flickered his eyes over at me. "it's a boy, i've wanted a boy since the beginning."

"boy or girl it doesn't matter, i'm really happy i'm carrying your child joey." i smiled warmly. he brought my hand up to his lips and kissed it softly. "i'm glad you're caring my child june."

"congrats to you both." dev says.

"visitations over, please say your last goodbyes and head out!" one of the guards say. i stood up from my seat and kissed his softly one last time before hugging him.