Chapter Seven - The New Girl, the Date, and the Hot New Couple?!

Chapter Seven – The New Girl, the Date, and the Hot New Couple?!

~Cole~

Girls and their anger management issues. I mean, seriously, it was just one freaking Taco! I thought we were over this issue! Wasn’t accepting the Taco a sign of peace or something?

I was about to park my butt onto MY seat, when Alyssa dumped her bag down onto it.

“Seat taken.” She hissed, glaring at me with bulging eyes.

I sat glumly onto the next seat, arms crossed.

“You’re one sick little puppy.” I muttered under my breath.

Then, the chatter ceased as Ms. Garcia, our form teacher sashayed into the classroom, surveying the class, probably trying to turn us into stone with her Medusa stare or something.

She permed her hair that was so red and curly it made her look like a frenzied poodle. Her incredibly thin lips were painted bright pink and her gold rimmed glasses were slowly sliding off her sweaty nose. Her soaked shirt clung onto her back as she fanned herself in an exaggerated manner.

“So everybody, we have a new student here—“She rattled off like a machine gun in that high-pitch voice of hers.

I didn’t manage to catch the rest, I think I fell asleep.

“Mr. Cole Evans, pay attention!” She frowned as her eyes fell on me, lashing out mercilessly as she pointed an accusing finger at me.

“What in the—“ I rubbed my bleary eyes. Yep, I fell asleep.

I think I heard Alyssa snickering in the background. Oooh that sick little puppy is so dead.

It wasn’t my fault that I drifted to sleep; Ms. Garcia’s voice could lullaby anyone to sleep. What was I supposed to do? Hey Mr Attention, here’s five bucks! There, I’ve paid attention, so can I go back to sleep!

I groaned but it was stifled by a yawn.

What I did catch later on was this.

“Isabella would be sitting…Oh look, there’s an empty seat next to Mr. Cole Evans, beside Alyssa too! Yes, go sit there, Ms. White. I’m sure they’ll both make you feel comfortable. Now hurry on, I need to continue on with lesson.”

Wait what. Who the hell was Isabella? Oh yeah, the new student…

Just then the chair beside me was dragged away and Isabella propped herself onto the seat, wait, MY seat, a little uncomfortable by the stares she was getting from the class.

The guys were drooling over her, and the girls were clenching their fists and gritting their teeth, their eyes gleaming green.

I saw Alyssa smiling brightly at Isabella, as she introduced herself and Jeremy to Isabella.

I scrutinized Isabella carefully. She had lustrous auburn mist hair, curling itself so perfectly it framed her almond-shaped face, cascading down her shoulders. Her eyes were big and wistful, giving her the look of an innocent puppy. Her face was as smooth as porcelain, her cheeks giving off a rosy glow as she beamed back at Alyssa.

Alyssa coughed and I snapped out of it. I realized that I had been staring at Isabella and hastily looked away. I was totally stunned by her good looks. She looked like the female version…of me. I know it sounds a little boastful, but she really looked like a goddess. And I, of course, was a god right?

But there’s something…something I can’t quite put a finger on…why does her name sound so familiar? And why do I seem to have seen her before?