Chapter Twelve - Plan B

~Alyssa~

I heard heavy breathings, and the person’s breath hit directly at my face. Groggily, I searched his face and placed my hand on his mouth without even opening my eyes. “Shhh, Jelly, you breathe too loud.” I gurgled unclearly.  

Carelessly, I sprawled my hands all over his body, trying to make myself feel comfortable. It was hot and stuffy, and I didn’t have enough space. “Um…” Someone poked my sides.

“Mmfttt Burglarwww.” I muttered some rubbish.

“Alyssa…”Despair was creeping into his voice.

“Shut up and go to sleep Jelly…”I replied drowsily.

“Alyssa!” His voice now sounded desperate.

“What?” My eyes flew open, irritated.

I fixed my gaze at that bleary person so close to me, so close that our noses touched, and where my hands were all over his chest and my legs were entangled with his. I felt around desperately for my glasses. Luckily they were right up top of me. I put them on and it took a second to see everything clearly. “What Jere—“I demanded in a gruff voice.

Then when my vision grew clear, I realized, that wasn’t Jeremy…

“Morning sunshine, my beloved sister. “Cole smirked, brushing my fringe away from my eyes, making me squirm under his touch.

My hand quickly flew to my mouth when realization hit me. I quickly clasped my mouth with my hand tightly, partly because I was shocked, but mostly because of my horrible morning breath. I stole some furtive glances and became conscious that my shirt was lifted up just above my bra and that our bodies were sticking so close to each other.

I immediately scrambled away from Cole, untangling our arms and legs. “I—I’m so—so sorry!” I fought down fresh feelings of panic and embarrassment, avoiding his steady gaze. Still flustered and completely mortified of what I had done, I staggered a few steps back, trying my best to stay away from Cole, when I tripped over something—someone—and I fell right on top of him.

“Oof.” Jeremy groaned under my weight. Okay, now I was officially in a state of panic, for two reasons : One, I looked so awful, my unruly hair probably in a total mess, the corner of my lips still clung traces of drool, and I got a feeling Jeremy wouldn’t want to see such a disgusting sight right when he woke up. Two, I think I might have kicked them in their shins many times during the night, and I probably groped them a couple of times, not to mention this awkward situation now.

Jeremy’s voice woke me from my daze. “Um, Alyssa, you can get off me now…” He smiled nervously.

“Huh? Oh, oh yeah, sorry!” My mind was in a whirl and my stomach was churning. I lifted myself, pressing against his bare chest—he probably took his shirt off in the night—for support. My gaze met his as a blush formed on my cheeks. He chuckled slightly and I mentally slapped myself for being such a klutz, pulling myself away from him.

He sat up after I crawled away from his body. “Thanks. You were an awesome alarm clock.” He said sarcastically, combing my hair behind my ear.

 “Not to mention a pain in the butt. Like literally. “Cole ran a hand through his messy—but cute—blonde hair. “Do you know how many times you groped me and kicked me in the ass last night?”

I chewed my lip, tugging at the hem of my shirt.

“Not to mention you talk in your sleep. You were never this disturbing when we had sleepover the last times.” Jeremy ruffled my hair.