Chapter Forty-One - The Party

She’s Some Lucky Girl-Chapter 41

~Alyssa~

We treaded gingerly on the litter-clattered floor, trying our hardest not to bump onto the couples having a hot and heavy making-out session and sucking each other’s faces off.

I grimaced when I saw Cole appearing to be screaming, though no voice came out. Either that or his voice was drowned out by the loud music blasting out of the human-sized stereos.

“What? I can’t hear you!” I tried to convey my message to him with big exaggerated actions, pointing to my ears to his mouth and back.

I saw his chest heave a little as he scuttled closer to me, and practically sucked in a huge breath and yelled with all his might. “I THOUGHT YOU SAID THIS WAS A SMALL GATHERING!”

“Ohhhh.” My eyes lit up in enlightenment as I shot him a wry smile, scratching my head sheepishly. Cole let out another one of his grandfather sighs and signaled for me to stick close to him as we maneuvered our way to god-knows-wherever Matthew was.

I shunned as an obvious drunkard reached out to slap my back, or even lower. A sly smile crept up his face as he missed and he wagged his finger at me playfully. If not for his drunken state and for the fact that I had almost been sexually harassed by him, I would admit: he was kind of good-looking. He had that typical skater boy looks. Were all Matt’s friends this hot? Were they all celebrities like him? Not that I recognized any of them though.

“Hey! Hands off!” A deep growl cut me off my thoughts when I realized I had pounced onto Cole in self-defensiveness. Cole wrapped his right arm tightly around my waist and I quickly held in a breath, afraid he would find my tummy “lumpy”. He used his other hand to pry the creep’s hand off my thigh and I let out a yelp when I realized it was even there.

“Be careful.” Cole ordered and his breath sent tickles rippling down my ear. I gulped and nodded slightly, still a little stunned by the proximity.

We finally spotted a familiar black-head from a distance around the mini-bar. Yes, I know, a freaking mini-bar. How big could Matt’s house get? A Jacuzzi round the bend that was used as a dumpsite, a theatre room and a garden the size of two basketball courts. Wow, maybe being a superstar had its advantages.

Matt’s chuckle drifted into my ears as I paused from my little eye-tour around the house. My eyebrows knitted together when I realized girls were flirting openly with him and he was…kind of flirting back. Cole’s jaw had tightened too.

A pang of jealously washed over me in waves as I suddenly had the urge to claw them off him. I plastered on a fake smile as I tugged Cole towards Matt’s direction.

“Allyyyyyy!” Matt slammed his drink onto the table and diverted his attention from the pretty little babes to me. I swallowed down a victorious smirk as I—wait, a smirk? I was getting this possessive and bitchy already?

Enveloping him into a cuddle, I sniffed in his scent. It was intoxicating, with a hint of alcohol mixed with his cologne. A few girls had already lost interest in Matt as quickly as they came and now they were all over…Cole.

Cole coughed uncomfortably, half-hinting to Matt to help. Thankfully, Matt managed to get the hint as he nodded and gestured for us to enter a room. “Seth’s already waiting in there with Jessica.”

My lips curved up into a smile. “What about Jeremy?”

Matt let out a ‘pft’ as he waved his hand coolly at me. “Boss? He never comes early. It’s either he wants to be ‘fashionably late’ or he gets so ‘intrigued’ by work he doesn’t realize time past by so quickly.” He answered with little hooks in the air at certain words.