Chapter Thirty Eight (Again!) - Poor Jeremy

[Warning! This is different from the previous chapter! It's not the same! Please read the previous chapter first if you haven't! ]

She’s Some Lucky Girl-Chapter 38

~Alyssa~

I blinked my eyes.

The first thing that popped into my mind: Where the hell was I?

Little memories of yesterday flashed across my mind. The bucket list, the awesome day with Jeremy, the kissing—wait what? Kissing? The kissing with whom?

Heat crossed my cheeks as I recalled the moment when Jeremy’s lips touched mine at the beach. It was totally unintentional, a total accident. Jeremy just called out my name all of a sudden, so I turned, and ended up lip locking with him. The depressing part was…I didn’t pull away—again.

First with Cole. Now with Jeremy. I had already made up my mind that the one I loved was Matt, so why was I still so confused? Why couldn’t I pull away?

The next thing I noticed was the warm thing draped around me. It was heavy, but nevertheless comfortable. A blanket.

I rubbed my bleary eyes, trying to focus and take in my surroundings. Okay, I was in a hotel. But how did I end up there?

There was a deep groan coming from not afar, and my heart skipped a beat. I took a sidelong glance to my side, where a familiar face was lying right next to me.

My mouth gaped open. Oh my munching cheesecakes. Why was I in the bed…with Jeremy?

Then realization dawned upon me as something clicked within my head. Crap. Don’t tell me I slept with--

“Ahhhhh!!” A shrill cry escaped my lips as I bounced up from the bed and crawled to the other end of the bed, furthest away from Jeremy. I quickly wrapped the blanket around me, tears springing into my eyes.

Jeremy’s eyes shot open and sat up immediately, tousling his already messy blonde hair. The blanket slipped off him and I pulled it closer to me, curling deeper in it, a whimper on my lips.

“Wha--? Where? Where’s the fire?” Jeremy mumbled, his eyes darting all around until it finally landed on me.

I lowered my gaze instantly, a blush blossoming on my cheeks. “You pervert!” I screamed, reaching for a pillow beside me and hurling it at Jeremy.

Shock flickered across his eyes as the pillow crashed down on him. He fell backwards onto the bed. “What Alyssa? What?” He cried out exasperatingly, massaging the sore shoulder where I had attacked him.

A tear trickled down my face as I sniveled. “Did we…” My voice trailed off, as I found myself unable to continue the sentence.

“Did we…what?” Jeremy pressed on, his voice injected with a hint of annoyance.

Ugh. How could he not know what I was talking about? Was he feigning ignorance?

I gritted my teeth, my hands forming into tight fists. “You know…” I responded in a barely audible voice. “Did we…s-sleep together?”

Almost instantly after my words registered into his head, Jeremy shook his head vigorously. “No Alyssa! What made you think that?” He protested, the sides of his lips curling up into an incredulous smile.

My eyes widened as my vision trailed to his bare chest. “Then why are the both of us…without clothes?”

Jeremy let out a bark of laughter. “Only I am Ally. You know I like to sleep without a shirt on, right? You fell asleep at the beach yesterday, so I checked into the nearby resort for us to hit the sack. ” He explained in a calm tone.