4: What Comes Next?: Switched (2)

King George X Reader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were walking towards your - wait no, his chambers, trying to decipher why fate paired you with the man that your friends and family were fighting against, when all of a sudden you were knocked to the floor by an unknown force with a searing pain on your cheek and jaw. you looked around for the culprit but found no one in the vicinity nor any traces of a person.

"What the hell just happened? I swear I didn't imagine it...." You thought to yourself. Instinctively you put your hand to cheek only to immediately withdraw it from the immense pain you were faced with. You had no idea what just happened, which scared you as you realized how little you actually knew about soulmates.

You brought yourself back to your feet and cautiously continued to walk towards your chambers, and tried not to think about how George was dealing with the situation. No doubt he found out who you were, a rebel rather than a loyalist.

More so than that, you pondered the idea of him not even knowing about soulmates, considering where he was when you switched souls, leading you to believe he was uneducated on the subject, or just didn't care.

"What if he doesn't come find me? I'm sure someone has done that before, so why wouldn't it happen to me?" You thought aloud.

These thoughts whizzed through your mind as you found the bedroom and drifted off to sleep.

-----

Hercules pulled Alex away from Y/N's body in fear of him hitting her again.

"Holy shit dude, please tell me I didn't just see you punch your sister in the face, and I only imagined it because I've had too many drinks." Laurens slurred leaning on Lafayette for support. Lafayette's face was full of horror.

"It's not Y/N, It's her bastard soulmate!" Alex struggled out of Herc's hold.

"Connard, what?" Laf raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously, guys you know about soulmates!" Eliza shook her head.

"Oh that!" Herc laughed.

"Trust me, if this was Y/N, I would be out cold." King George smiled.

"I know not to mess with my sister." Alex laughed nervously which made George think about what happened.

Before anyone could ask who this soulmate exactly was, Washington made the excuse that everyone should be headed home. For there was a war going on and sleep is needed.

Alexander reluctantly took George to his house where you and him stayed.

They walked into the house, George's feet hurting him like they were being cut off.

Alex sighed, "George, I may not like you. At all. Like I hate you with all my ability and-"

"I get it." George cut him off.

"But you're my sister's soulmate, and I do my best to keep her happy so I'm warning you. If you break her heart I will swim all the way to England and kill you in your sleep you hear me?"

"I hear you. I don't know your sister yet, but from the memories that I can see in her mind I can tell she's a kind soul and I would never dream of hurting her."

"Good." Alex shook his sister's hand. "The room is up the stairs and to the right."

George nodded and followed his directions, but stopped halfway up the steps when he had a hard time breathing. The corset. How was he supposed to get the damn thing off? Well...