74: I Owe You (2)

Hercules Mulligan X Reader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You opened your closet doors and looked inside for the dress you decided would be fitting for a wedding.

The past few months had been hell. Hercules wanted to make everything authentic enough to fool his ex, and you played along with it.

You went on "dates" with him, where he treated you like a princess, but it would never go past him dropping you back at home, giving you a hug, and saying he had a good time in which you always responded with a "me too".

"This is all kinds of fucked up, Y/n." Your best friend and roommate George Frederick the Third reminded you for the hundredth time.

You stayed quiet, knowing the path his rant would go on and what it would result to.

First it starts with the i ritual statement, "This is all kinds of fucked up".

It continues into...: "He's just using you, you know that right."

To which you respond: "I know."

That he returns with: "Then why are you letting him."

You open your mouth to say: "Because even though I know he's using me to make his ex-girlfriend jealous, it's worth it, because it means I get to not pretend anymore. I get to pretend that I love him, and he loves me, and that's all I want."

This is what shuts George up for a moment, before he says his last statement on the topics. "I swear this sounds like a bad fanfiction series plot..."

This part always makes you laugh a bit.

A sullen look crosses his face, "Be careful, Y/n. I don't want to see you hurt anymore."

"I'm being careful, Georgie. Everything will be just fine." You didn't know if you were convincing him or yourself.

"I hope. Now let's get you all dolled up for this wedding!" George flopped down on you bed and looked into the closet. "Show me the dress!"

You smiled and took the dress out of the closet and hung it up on the door, taking off the plastic around it.

"Holy crap." George lifted himself from the bed and sped over to you and the dress. "Y/n, you're going to look amazing in this!"

You smirked, knowing you picked the right dress that would make you look great for the wedding. It wasn't something that would overcome the bride's beauty—since it is her day—but it accentuated your own, and you were proud of your choice.

You only hoped that Hercules would think the same thing.

——————————————————————

The doorbell rang, and George went to open it, yelling that he was coming to the door.

It rung again, two seconds later, then again two seconds after that.

"I said I was coming!" He angrily stomped to the door, and whipped it open. "What?!"

Hercules jumped, "I'm sorry. Just... Is Y/n ready yet? I've been waiting outside for a half an-"

"George, have you seen my-" You looked up to see Hercules on the doorway, mouth basically on the floor.

Your dress was a beautiful red. It complimented every part of your body, showing off your body shape. Your hair was pinned up, a few strands hanging down in front of your face. Your make up complimented your complexion while also matching the dress, making you the literal epitome of beauty. No contest, and Hercules could see it.