53: Chocolate Chip, Pancakes, and Dancing

Thayne Jasperson X Reader

This is a late post for Thayneuary. If you want to know what that is, just message us and I can give you the link to the post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About a week ago you went into labor and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Now it was time to take her home. To say you and Thayne were a mess was an understatement.

"Where's the pacifier?!" Thayne questioned as he rushed around the hospital room trying to gather all of your things so that the two of you could leave.

"Thayne..." You stood up with your baby in your arms and neared Thayne. You bounced the baby in your arms softly so that she would stay calm.

"Where's her bag?" Thayne whipped around, the bag he was looking for was in his hand. "Have you seen her bag?"

"Look at me. Calm down." You chuckled and stopped bouncing your daughter just to put a hand on his shoulder, bringing him back to reality. "The bag is in your hand, my love."

"Oh. I'm sorry. I guess I'm just a little worked up." Thayne looked down at your daughter and chuckled when she cooed at him. "I think we actually have everything. Let's get out of here, and finally take our little girl home."

You smiled happily, "Couldn't have said it better myself."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Year Later

"What do you think her first words might be?" Thayne inquired, laying in bed next to you watching the city come alive from your shared room.

Your daughter was asleep for the moment.

"I don't know..." You sat up, "Hamilton?"

Thayne laughed for a second then stopped. "Wait... That's actually possible."

You rolled out of bed and headed towards the door, "Coffee and pancakes?"

"Yes, please. I'll get the baby."

Today was the first day since you and Thayne went back to work that you both had a day off during the week, and you were going make the best of it.

"Pancakes for you, Mr. Seabury." You said as you set Thayne's plate down next to his designated mug, as he kept your daughter interested in her own little pancakes. She took the pancake from Thayne's hand and giggled at it playfully.

"Thank you, my darling, Y/n." He smiled and pulled you towards him as you went back towards the stove. "Would you like to dance?"

"I'd love to." You took his hand in your and spun him out so that both of your arms were wide open.

He spun you back towards him, "Is something burning?"

Your eyes widened and you ran back towards the stove, after not being able to find the spatula, you tried to take off the burning pancake from the hot plate with your hands. That proved to be a bad idea.

"Hot. Hot. Hot. Hot. Hot." You exclaimed, throwing it up in the air with every word. With the last 'Hot' the pancake didn't fall back into your hands again. Instead...

"Hot. Hot. Hot. Hot. Hot." Thayne threw the pancake up and up while you tried to shake the heat off your hands.

It wasn't working.

Finally, Thayne threw the pancake up and it landed on the floor.

Your hands shook with pain, "Why didn't I just do that it in the first place?"

"I don't know..."

Your daughter laughed loudly at her parents shenanigans, and bit into her little pancakes. 

"What so funny, Chocolate Chip?" Thanye fake pouted, putting his hands on his hips. You turned off the stove and shook your head, bending down to pick up the burnt pancake, carefully.

She giggled again, "Mama. Papa. Funny."

You gasped and dropped the pancake again. Thayne looked at you for confirmation of what just happened.

Your daughter had just said her first words.