44: Favorite Place

John Laurens X Reader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm going to kill Thomas." You huffed as you slumped down on the couch next to your boyfriend.

"What happened now?" John turned towards you.

"He plagiarized!" You whined and laid your head on his shoulder.

"Let me guess... He stole from Alex?"

"Even worse!" You exclaimed. "Me!"

"What the fuck? Why would he do that?!" John piped up at the news and turned down the TV.

"He claims it's because he didn't want to waste his 'time' on something he 'knew he'd ace' or some bullshit." You seethed.

"Did you try to stop him?" John asked, and you sighed.

"You know how it is with him... If he wants something he'll get it."

"I'm sorry, Y/n." John embraced you in a hug.

"Why do I do this to myself?"

"You didn't do anything, he did." He rubbed your back soothingly.

"He's doing this because I'm friends with him."

"Then become un-friends with him." John suggested.

You chuckled, "That's not a word, John."

The two of you sat in silence.

"Alright. Stop wallowing." He turned off the TV and stood up, "We're going out."

"Where?" You laughed, the way he could change a mood so instantly, made you smile every time.

"To your favorite place!" John exclaimed.

"John it's the middle of winter! We can't get ice cream, are you mad?" Sometimes your boyfriend was really out of his mind.

"No, I'm just trying to cheer my girlfriend up! Come on, and put on your coat!" He took your coat from the closet and threw it towards you.

"You are the weirdest person I know." You giggled and stood up to put your jacket on.

"And you're the cutest." John mumbled.

"I heard that, dork." You bumped your shoulder with his on your way out of the door.

"And I meant it." He gave you a kiss on the cheek, passing you to grab the keys. He let you go out of the door first before closing it behind you.

--------------

After two ice cream cones, and a shared smoothie, you squeezed John's hand to get his attention.

"You know, John, this isn't my favorite place..." You took his hand, "I'm always at my favorite place when i'm with you."

"Damn (y/n), didn't know your essay was about cheesiness." John joked.

"Only the best for the master."