6: Fireworks

John Laurens X Reader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You, Peggy, your roommate Maria, Angelica, all sat in your dorm.

"I have popcorn!" Peggy held up the freshly popped popcorn, and hip bumped the microwave door closed.

"It smells like you kinda burned it." Angelica said when handed the popcorn so she could put it in separate bowls.

"That smell will never go away." Maria sighed. You and her would have to do deal with it, tomorrow.

"Then why did you choose me to make it?" Peggy shot back.

"You volunteered!" You argued and she started packing.

"Well, I brought the ice cream!" Eliza entered the small room with the good news. She was carrying three huge tubs of your favorite ice cream.

"Eliza!" Maria turned to give her a hug. "How's Alex?"

You could physically see Eliza tensing up. "He's doing fine."

A silence filled the room.

What happened there?

"Okay! What movie do y'all wanna watch?" You tried to thin the tense air.

"We should watch a horror movie!" Angelica piped up handing you your share of popcorn.

"No." You replied straight after. 

"Yes." Peggy answered you looked at her.

"Yes." It was Eliza's turn to earn your glare.

"No!" You protested. You really hated horror movies, you could hardly sleep after.

"Yes." You looked at Maria with betrayal.

"No! Why?!" You were now becoming anxious. Angelica and Eliza joined you on your bed while Peggy sat on Maria, on her own.

"Sorry, Y/n, you're outnumbered!" Angelica took the remote and turned on Netflix, finding a movie.

"Ooo! Let's watch Hush!" Peggy exclaimed, opening up her tub of ice cream, and taking a spoon from the bag.

"Oh, I love that movie!" Maria spoke up.

"Please don't." You tried to plead with your friends. You had never even gotten through 30 minutes of that cursed movie.

"What? Do we need to call John to protect you?" Angelica nudged your shoulder making fun of your crush on your best friend.

You could feel your s/c face heating up as you grumbled, "Play the damn movie."

--------------------

An hour and thirty minutes later, you were shaking in fear of the thrilling movie and it's outcome. Everyone went to pick up their phones and you asked Eliza to hand you yours.

"Meet me under the bridge near your dorm in an hour." Eliza suddenly said out loud, you turned to look at her. She was holding up your phone apparently reading from the text message on the screen. "From: Curly Turtle With A Bun..."

You heard the girls snickering. Your face heated up again, "When was that sent?"

"Messaged: 50 minutes ago."

"What?!" You shot up from your bed and scrambled to your closet. You heard footsteps and turned around to see the girls all smirking.

----------------