47: Number 6

Thayne Jasperson X Reader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and Thayne pulled up to the bowling alley, and the weight of what you were about to do was weighing on you. You were about to meet the rest of the Hamilton cast, and you we're completely terrified.

"I don't think I can do this, Thayne." You said just as he was about to exit the driver's seat.

Thayne closed the door again, and looked at you, "Y/n, you've been putting this off for months. The cast wants to meet you!"

"I've already met the cast!" You argued.

"You've met Lin and Jonathan. That is not the whole cast." He countered.

Ufh. He was right.

You sighed, "I'm just nervous. What if they don't like me?"

"They'll love you," Thayne reached over and took your hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "because I love you."

"You're so cheesy." You sighed, "Okay. Okay, let's go before I change my mind."

"Yes!" Thayne opened his door again and you did the same to your own. You two met at the front of the car and locked hands to walk towards the bowling alley. Thayne ended up pulling you most of the way in excitement.

The doors opened and the sound of Billboard Chart's: Top 40's songs played overhead. Crashing pins and cheering sounded out from your right.

You looked over to see a Lin and Jon cheering excitedly. You looked down the alley and saw that one of them had gotten a strike. Thayne pulled you towards them, announcing your arrival by joining in with the cheering.

"Oak!" He let go of your hand to greet a man you assumed was Oak.

"Thayne! Perfect timing!" Oak boomed. "We we're just about to start a new game!"

Oak was seated at the scoreboard thing pressing buttons to start a new game.

"Great, you can add me and Y/n." Thayne told him.

Oak turned around upon hearing your name. He caught your eye and smiled. "Are you Y/n?"

You nodded, too scared to trust your voice.

Oak stood up and you fully realized how tall he was. He shook your hand.  "It's nice to meet you.  We've been begging Thayne to bring you around. He never shuts up about you. Hey, everyone! Meet Y/n!"

"Y/n?!" Everyone exclaimed, collectively turning towards you and Thayne.

"Oh my god, she's real!" One of them, you couldn't see who (probably Anthony), exclaimed and you we're immediately surrounded.

Questions shot out of the cast's mouths and you tried to answer as many as you could, saying hi, and giving hugs. Thayne watched from the side smiling affectionately at you. He was happy that the cast like you and that you had, somewhat, come out of your shell.

Pretty soon, Oak had finished entering all the names and you were up first.

"Go, Y/n!" Daveed chanted from the crowd as you picked up your ball.  The chant was followed by some encouraging whooping.

You took a deep breath and walked forward. You took aim, letting your arm sling back, then forward again. You let go and the ball hit the floor and started tumbling down the alley.

It seemed as if the whole group went quiet as your ball hit the pins. all of them went down, except for number 6. It wobbled for a few seconds, looking like it was going to keep standing, then at the last second it toppled over and onto the floor with a clank.

The group erupted into cheers, and you jumped up and down with joy. "Yes!" You exclaimed.

Pippa laughed a bit at this and said, "She's a keeper, Thayne."

Thayne smiled lovingly, and nodded, "I know."