12: Another One Bites The Dust

Thomas Jefferson X Reader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another date another bust.

"Hey, Y/n, wait!" Charles called after you.

"No! Go away, Lee, I can't believe you did that!" Angry was an understatement of what you felt right now.You opened the door to the restaurant, walked out, and let it close on Charles' face.

You took out your phone, and immediately texted your best friend and crush, Thomas.

Y/n: 'Come pick me up.' You texted, and got an immediate answer.

Tom Pom: 'Omw.'

"Y/n, listen, I was tripped! I didn't mean to-" Charles tried to explain his actions.

"Don't." You swiped your arm away, and your heard a car pulling up beside you and the slam of a door.

"Y/n, get in the car."

"Don't have to tell me twice." You sent a glare towards Charles' way, before turning towards the car.

Thomas stepped past you, and towards Charles. Charles backed up as Thomas stepped forward.

"Do yourself a favor and lose her number, matter of fact, forget her all together, yeah?" Thomas glowered, and you heard a quiet agreement from Charles before you slammed the door to the car.

Good riddance.

----------------

"Y/n, are you okay?" Thomas reached over and took our hand.

Usually, you would be fangirling internally, but right now you were just angry. "Yeah."

"I can't believe he lifted up your dress." Thomas said, and your eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"I-I never told you what he did, Thomas." You looked over at him.

"Uhhh..." His mouth was opening and closing trying to come up with something to say.

Realization swept over you, but you still couldn't believe it. "Thomas, have you been sabotaging my dates?"

"Umm..." He didn't look over at you.

"Is that how you've always been so close when I asked you to come pick me up."

Thomas' mouth flattened out like it does when he's frustrated, or when he's done with Hamilton's shit. He moved the steering wheel, and the car was pulled to the side of the road. "Y/n..."

"THOMAS JEFFERSON, YOU'VE BEEN SABOTAGING MY DATES!" You accused, and Thomas gasped.

"NO, I HAVEN'T!" He retorted.

"YES, YOU HAVE!" You stood your ground. You two started bickering like children.

"NO I HAVEN'T!"

"YES, YOU HAVEN'T!" You screamed, wanting to mix him up.

"NO, I HAVE!" Thomas screamed back. You smirked at your plan working. Then he realized his mistake. "WAIT, NO!"

"AH-HAH! YOU HAVE BEEN SABOTAGING MY DATES! YOU LIKE ME, JEFF-"

You were cut off by a sweet but rushed kiss, that lasted shorter than you wanted. You sat there dazed watching Thomas' eyes search for any kind of emotion in yours. A smile crossed you face a few seconds too late. He must have thought that you didn't want the kiss because he put his head on the steering wheel and sighed in defeat. Your smile faltered.

"Hey, It's okay..." You patted his back. "I liked it."

"You liked... Do you like me?"

Your jaw dropped, "You didn't know?!"

Thomas shook his head, "But all the dates-"

"We're to make you jealous!" You gave him an explanation. "An idea of Angelica's."

"Well, your plan worked." He gave you a little smirk.

"Oh, the Thomas Jefferson was jealous!"

"Yeah, yeah, rub it in."

"Hah, It's actually not that hard to believe."

"Really?"

"Yes, I mean, who wouldn't be in love with me." You said with a wink.

Thomas laughed, and steered the car back onto the road. "Your ego is bigger than mine."

"I take pride in that." You smiled and turned on the radio. You then heard Thomas laugh at the song playing. You raised an eyebrow at him.

Thomas then started singing along. "Duh, duh, dum, dum, dum. Another one bites the dust."

"Dork."